Thursday, November 11, 2010

Think I'm back to normal

Hi Guys,

Thanks for reading. Sorry I've been quiet the past 2 weeks but its just been boring rehab. The positive news is, it looks like things are pretty much back to where they should be now. I went back to training this week, lots of high kicks and while I took it a "little" easy, i was pleasantly surprised that there was no real pain in my hip during or the day after. I still have some painful trigger points on the side of my hip so I will keep doing a ball massage on them (the foam roller isnt firm enough to really get deep enough to hit them).

So with dynamic movements not appearing to aggravate the injury, time to try some static stretches. I plan to hit some light isometrics this week and see how I react. I'm going to do side stretches one day and front the next so I can more easily gauge if one type aggravates more than the other.

On another note, for anyone that is a UFC fan. I came across this video the other day. Basically its UFC stick fighting. The group is known as the Dog Brothers from California I believe. While they are absolutely insane, full contact stick fighting with virtually no protective gear! Its awesome to see guys out there pressure testing their skills.

Its a real shame the UFC decided it was too brutal to become an official offshoot as I think its much more dynamic and exciting to watch than a lot of the UFC matches today that merely end up as wrestling matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment