Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Starting isometrics again....finally

Hi guys,

Thanks for reading.

I'm pretty happy to be back to working on my splits again, did my first isometric/PNF stretches for a long time last night. As they were my first in months I went pretty easy and only did 2 sets for each.

I didn't really push them too hard, I didn't know if my hip was ready for them or not but it seemed to hold up ok, I will keep them relatively light for another week or 2 just to be sure but it's nice to be actively working towards my goal again.

I haven't seemed to have lost much in my front splits, I could have gone lower but again I didn't want to go too hard on my first time back.

Side split was not great but considering it was my hip rotators that were injured it's not surprising.

I'll try and get some new photos up soon.

I got to do some kicking on Saturday at my jujitsu class. Did various combos including a turning(or roundhouse) into a 360 turning and I didn't have any problems which was great. Again nice to see I haven't lost too much in my recovery period.

No comments:

Post a Comment