Thursday, September 30, 2010

Seminar with Grandmaster Ji Han Jae

On the weekend I attended one of the last ever seminars by one of, if not the, creator of Hapkido (unfortunately, like in a lot of martial arts , there is disagreements over who actually created what is now called Hapkido). Either way nobody argues that he is probably the most influential GM of Hapkido still alive today. Sadly he is pretty much retiring as of now, that was to be his last seminar.

I had the very deep honor of being his crash test dummy for most of the day, so spent most of Saturday being thrown, standing up, being thrown..you get the idea.

Most of the day was videoed, so hopefully I will be able to get a copy and will post some of the highlights here in a few weeks. Unfortunately, I could only attend 1 of the 2 days, towards the end of the first day I coped a pretty severe crank and knee to the neck so couldn't really train the day after.

The good thing to come out of the day was my hip didn't flare up at all (although I think I did re-break my toe lol). So it looks like I can pretty much do anything training wise as long as it isn't kick related. This is good news as I have an advanced Jujitsu seminar on this Saturday.

Splits progress.

Isometrics are on hold for a few weeks on orders from my Osteopath which is frustrating. On the other hand I have a new plan for progression for isometrics thanks to Dan Van Zandt. You can find a link to his blog in the links page to the right.

He outlines a logical progression of isometric strength training which I plan to follow once my Osteo gives me the thumbs up. I've already mocked up a spreadsheet that I can use to record each training session for the program.

Hopefully it will only be another week or two before i can start.

No comments:

Post a Comment