Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What this Blog is about

If you have read my profile you would know that while I have been training and instructing the Martial Arts for over 20 years, one goal has always eluded me....the ability to do the splits.

Actually, I'd probably consider myself pretty average when it come to flexibility. While I can kick head height and my kicks are pretty decent, with regards to power, accuracy and speed, I've always seen really flexible Martial Artists and their kicks always look technically better and seem almost effortless. And as they always say, if your high kicks (which aren't really practical in a realistic self defense situation) are good, imagine how powerful your low line kicks are.

As inspiration, the top 3 kickers I usually think about are:

1.Jean Claude van Damme



Love him or hate him, consider him a Martial Artist or Ballerina, the guy was flexible and could kick and he exploded onto the scene just as I started Training in Tae Kwon Do.

2.Bill "superfoot" Wallace.



Awesome kicker -especially his side line kicks and nobody can dispute his ability as a full contact fighter.

3.Scott Adkins

Not many good photos of him kicking available but check out his show reel



While this blog is primarily about my training towards the splits I will also include other interesting (usually training) oriented thoughts. I plan to outline my training regime and post progression photos and videos on a regular basis, plus additional posts on how its going, what does and doesnt feel like its working.

No comments:

Post a Comment