Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lesson 7

Hi,

Lesson 7 is a continuation of the protocol set in lesson 6. Just building on RI and moving from a front line hamstring stretch into a side line stretch in the same movement by standing between 2 chairs and raising the leg first to the front, performing the exercise then keeping the supporting leg in the same spot, pivoting the torso and performing the side line exercise.

So nothing too exciting since last lesson.

I've been keeping up my morning routine and focusing again on my isometrics.

I reviewed some of Pavel's material and he claims that tight hip flexors can be a major limiting factor in the side split. I've decided to do some extra work on my hip flexors as they are very very tight. I'm getting a great stretch by putting the leg that you are stretching on a chair. Kind of like the stretch below but modifying it for the hip flexors and not the quads. You also need 1 or 2 other chairs or supports for your arms to keep balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment