Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Lesson 8 review - accelerated stretching

This weeks lesson as you can see by the title is on Accelerated stretching focusing on the hamstrings. The first few minutes of the lesson are spent warning that this shouldn't be done for long periods, that you need to do 3-5 massages per day and that you need to have experience in stretching before you try this.

I was getting pretty psyched that this was going to be some serious previously unknown "secret" that would really make a difference. Turns out its, PNF stretching. He does show how to do it in a different position than I have done before.

I've only really done it from a front and side split position so it will be interesting to see how it works.

I am however going to give my deep stretches a rest this week and focus more on some strengthening with just light stretches. I've got a real basic leg routine squats, lunges, stiff leg deadlifts plus I found my old adjustable ankle weights so will also add some hip flexor work as seen in the videos below






























Plus some Hip turn in's and outs and maybe some some the Warrior poses also outlined in the book.
Looking forward to next week where hopefully my lower back and right hip will benefit from some strengthening and I will get back into the deep stretches.

No comments:

Post a Comment