Thursday, April 22, 2010

Online Course lesson 12

Here it is, the final lesson.

This weeks topic is Upper Body assisted Sliding Techniques. Hard to explain but its like a controlled dynamic movement that moves you within a stretched position in and then out of your near maximal range. You control the speed and depth of stretch using either a pullup or as below a dip style assist.

The pictures below will probably give you an idea of what it is better than I seem to be able to explain it.







Starting position
 



                                                                    Finishing position


He demonstrates a number of different stretches. Its explained that this is an advanced technique and to start slowly and gently to see if you are ready for it.

For those that have been following my Blog, you will know that I am currently suffering from a hip injury and cannot really do any deep stretching at the moment, so I haven't been able to try these techniques to give you my opinion.

So that was the final lesson in the Elastic Steel Splits and Flexibility Training online 12 week course, next week I will look back over the course and give a review on the course as a whole, hopefully an update on my Hip injury and my plans going forward in my flexibility training.


No comments:

Post a Comment