Sunday, April 11, 2010

Online Course review lesson 11 - Isometric Palpation

Hi,

A really interesting lesson this week with a new technique demonstrated - Isometric Palpation. Essentially you move into a stretch position, perform an isometric contraction and at the same time palpate the muscle being stretched at the origin and insertion. I haven't seen this type of stretching discussed anywhere else before, its not mentioned in the Elastic Steel DVD or book and a quick google search didn't really get any hits either.

Cant wait to give it a go but unfortunately my hip flexor was bad today so only light stretches and a quick ball massage to try and release the trigger point for me.

Will update the blog mid week this week with details on how the new technique goes. Have my physio appointment on Wednesday this week.

My jujitsu instructor was talking to me about starting to gear up for my 2nd degree grading so that's good news, just need to get this injury sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment