Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Basic punching combos on BOB

I've recently cleared out the spare room and its the perfect size now to put my Body Opponent Bag (BOB) in and do some light boxing work. So I just knocked up a quick video to analyze my basic punching technique. Looks like I drop my elbow a bit on my left hook.

As for BOB, I find him to be awesome for practicing strikes. It really makes a difference to learn how to hit an actual face rather than just hitting a punching bag, plus you can practice chokes, eye gouges, pressure point strikes etc.

Its great for indoors or outdoors, although if you are planning on using one outside I would put him on a matt or something, the base can get deep scratches gouged in it pretty quickly if he is on concrete or similar.

In the video I don't quite have enough water in the base so he is moving around a bit too much, I like him to move a bit but not as much as he did tonight.

It was a great warm up for my HFS light stretches today.

Feel free to comment on my boxing, constructive comments are always welcome.






If you are interested in a BOB of your own, check him out here:
Century Bob Body Opponent Bag

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how tall you are, but it looks like BOB is a little too high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 5'11.

    Yeah the available settings make him either a little too high, or a little to short..

    So I feel kinda guilty beating him up when he is shorter than me and usually have him at this height but I do mix it up every now and again.

    ReplyDelete