Friday, June 18, 2010

Jujtistu techniques - lapel throw

Hi guys,

Thanks for reading. Today I'm demonstrating one of my favorite conditional throws. Conditional because for it to work, your opponent needs to be wearing a jacket made of fairly strong material. So it's great for winter or if you find yourself being mugged by businessmen on a regular basis.

It's a favorite because the finish on the throw is on so quickly and efficiently, and it's a very effective choke/sleeper/garrote.

I don't usually like to rely on clothing when grabbing especially for throws. I never perform hip throws by grabbing the belt and I always perform shoulder throws by hooking the opponents arm between my bicep and forearm rather than grab their Dobok or Gi. I think it's just more realistic to train this way.

As for all martial arts techniques, you should only practice under the supervision of a trained professional and please make sure your partner knows how to fall properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment