Sunday, February 7, 2010

Elastic Steel online flexibility course lesson 2 review

The new lesson became available today and I was right, there are some serious strengthening exercises to be done. First things first though. It starts with a light stretches sequence, it/he gives good directions to hold first for 15, then 30 then 45 seconds but the most valuable info is in the specific details of the stretches, its not just do this hip flexor stretch. Paul goes into good detail regarding which direction to pull or push each body part involved, not just increase the stretch. I found that really valuable and think it will definitely help my stretches.

The second part of the lesson is Extended Length Conditioning. If you have the book or DVD you might think you know all his Elastic Steel exercises....you don't!

There are a heap of exercises to do, 20 at quick glance at my notes. I'm also a qualified Gym Instructor and worked for a few years as a personal trainer and while I like to think I have a pretty good knowledge of different exercises, there are a couple here I have never seen. Lots of lunges front different stances and angles, lunges using chairs or a bench (not just bulgarian squats either) and then a heap of Single Joint ELC exercises. I'm really looking forward to hitting the gym tomorrow and trying this out I'm just a bit too tired today from whitewater rafting for a friends Birthday.

Happy Birthday Rad

Will post tomorrow after doing the workout to let you know how it felt.

1 comment:

  1. hi,
    Nice Idea with this blog. ill visit it regulary and see how your doing.

    i've just finished the 2nd lesson and it was pretty tiering.

    greeting from switzerland
    Raphael

    ReplyDelete