Saturday, February 6, 2010

Training update

Saturday and I was hoping to get some video of  kicking drills etc to get set a benchmark for my kicking to be able to compare at the end of 12 weeks to see if there is any functional improvement, but my lazy mate Caleb pulled out of training (hope you enjoyed your breakfast with your sister!!) He needs to get his priorities straight lol. Hopefully he will be available next week.

Anyway I wasn't sure if my next Elastic Steel lesson would be available today or not, but I decided to do some deep stretches anyway, was a good warm-up and hit the stretches pretty hard, did the split specific warmup from the DVD and then each split 2 times with some isometric / PNF stretching at my maximal range. All in all took about 1 hour and 40 minutes!! Felt pretty good but I do get some strange looks from people in the gym ha ha ha.

I think the main thing holding me back at the moment is my leg strength, those 8 months of being essentially incapacitated have really weakened my legs. I'm expecting the next component of the online flexibility course to focus on strengthening anyway. Either way, will keep updating the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment