Saturday, February 20, 2010

End of week 3

I know its only 3 weeks in but this week was a pain. I was away for work all week which made things difficult. I managed to do my morning light stretches everyday in my hotel room, I did one leg session in the gym in the area I was in, what a nightmare. It is a really well equipped gym but the air conditioning was so strong it was freezing! Try getting a good stretch in the freezing cold, its not fun. It was a good workout, I upped the resistance on all the exercises and did a decent deep stretch routine even though I was almost shivering. I have NEVER been in a gym that was that cold before, it was crazy.

As it was so cold I decided not to go back for my second session of the week and that I would do it in the hotel room instead and use body weight but do higher reps, which I did.

I've got a few lingering minor pulls, one in my right hamstring right up near my glutes, and somehow I also pulled a muscle I have never pulled before on my left side lower back, it wasnt a sharp pain, just a dull pain if I rotated the wrong way. Due to these issues I've decided to only do 2 leg strengthening sessions this week and give my poor body a chance to recover a bit.

I'm back at my jujitsu class on Saturdays which I'm really enjoying, kind of getting bored with only doing leg strengthening and stretching and did my 3rd deep stretching routine after that class today.

Looking forward to tomorrows new lesson. I'll post my thoughts on it asap.

1 comment:

  1. It's difficult keeping up with it all - keep at it though. I had a break through this week which was most encouraging and you can't be far off now.

    ReplyDelete