Thursday, February 4, 2010

Flexibility / Splits training update

I have a few niggling pulls in my muscles so have decided to just do the light morning stretches and massage for the rest of the week (plus the prerequisite strengthening exercises) till the next lesson (only 2 days anyway). Have done 2 ball massages and numerous oil massages so far.

I used some tennis balls for my first go and baseballs for the second. Big difference, the baseballs are much harder and thus give a harder massage, felt a lot better for my hamstrings and glutes in particular. Glutes hold the most tension and take the most time by far.

I am going easier on my light stretches now, think I was pushing them too hard and that's the reason I have been aching and have a few minor pulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment