Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lesson 2 update

I did the stretching and strengthening outlined for week 2 for the first time yesterday. It was really interesting with a lot of unilateral exercises, lots of lunge based ELC. Really good workout for your extended range of motion and stabilizers. I  did body weight x 10 reps for each exercise as a starting point and to see how my legs would go.

This morning I have minimal DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) so I will had some resistance to tomorrows workout, I'm thinking about 10kg, its not much but with 20 sets of 10 reps that is 200 primarily lunge based exercises!

Today's morning routine felt great as well, I've decided to do 5 minutes on the bike first to make sure my legs are warmed up, then my 10 min boxing circuit, light static stretches then the mobility swings. I've adjusted my light stretches with regards to the info provided in the online course and it feels much better. I've also adjusted my leg raises/mobility swings and do these in a much more relaxed manner than I was before, I don't try and force maximal height, I just let them swing and stay relaxed.

All in all with these changes my hips feel so much better, I cant pin point which factor is the main one, maybe it's the sum of all the changes but if I had to guess I would say the changes to my light stretches would be the biggest factor. I don't feel right giving away Pauls info but I have seen similar concepts with regards to the stretches in pilates based classes, focusing on lengthening the muscle while stretching.

Looking forward to doing the strengthening routine again tomorrow and then doing some deep stretches.

No comments:

Post a Comment